Inhalt

HistoryCombining tradition with cutting-edge manufacturing

The slogans "Delicacies from the Erz Mountains", or "Quality since 1880" reflect our impressive 130-year history as a company. Even in difficult market conditions world war, socialism, or the changeover to the market economy we have always been able to fulfil the demanding needs of our customers. Today, our traditional family company is successfully managed by the 4th and 5th generations of our family, whilst the 6th generation is waiting in the wings.

1880
The company is founded by Gustav Fuchs in Oberstützengrün. The focus is on preserved forest products
1940
Jams are added to the range of products
1972
The company is expropriated purchased and nationalised. It is merged with the AXAKonservenfabrik Meerane.
1990
The successors of the family that founded the company make a new beginning. Purchase and registration of BWF as a GmbH (limited liability company) before Reunification. Support and expertise provided by the copartner, Jürgen Philipp, owner of Bayernwald Früchteverwertung GmbH Hengersberg (until 1999)
today
The fourth generation of the family now runs the company. The fifth is already a member of the Board of Management.